The Leasing Consultant reports to the Property Manager (PM) and is responsible for all aspects of leasing at the property. The Leasing Consultant works closely with the PM to set leasing goals and with the Marketing Coordinator (MC) to develop a strategic marketing plan for achieving budgeted occupancy. The Leasing Consultant is responsible for effectively leasing the property and establishing positive resident relations.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Leases property in accordance with company policy and applicable state and federal laws including Fair Housing Laws
2. Shows units and follows up with prospects, keeps statistics on outcomes and communicates same to PM weekly
3. Assists MC in developing and implementing marketing campaigns as approved by PM
4. Schedules appointments for apartment showings; holds open houses as needed
5. Collect & reviews applications; collects proper security deposits and application fees in accordance with company policy; understands and is able to explain pro-rated rents
6. Maintains a history of media postings used to market units
7. Makes promotional and specials suggestions to PM
8. Performs lease orientation with new residents and explains the property amenities
9. Coordinates with MC to keep website updated
10. Reviews, collects and logs all guest cards
11. Maintains vacancy data and tracks activity
12. Keep database up-to-date on unit status (NTV, make-ready, hold, renovate, approved application)
13. Keep data on results of marketing efforts
14. Researches comparative rental rates quarterly or more often if requested
15. Participates in resident retention program as directed by PM
16. Stays on the cutting edge of market conditions, trends and product knowledge in the community and competitive communities; communicates same to PM
17. Maintains a calendar of scheduled move-ins, ensuring all move-in appointments are completed and all apartments inspected and compliant with established standards prior to move-in
18. Reserves elevator as needed for move-ins
19. Update unit availability daily to provide an accurate list of unit availability to the staff
1. Experience with residential property management; preferably in leasing
2. Associates Degree or equivalent coursework and experience
3. Customer service and sales experience and goal-oriented mindset
4. Must be able to work Tuesday-Saturday schedule and some holidays
5. Ability to project a professional image at all times including wearing the proper uniform.
6. Computer proficiency and knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with residents and customers in a professional manner.
8. Familiarity with social media platforms
SALARY RANGE: $17/hr - $22/hr
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Apply For This Job
Click below to download the application for this position. Once complete, fill out the form below and upload your application, resume and cover letter (optional).
Contact with any questions or concerns.