FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE,
The Front Desk staff must project a professional and competent image and provide residents and guests with friendly, efficient and effective personalized service. The Front Desk staff assists residents and their guests in a courteous and efficient manner and plays a vital role in ensuring the overall resident satisfaction. The Front Desk staff should build positive relationships with residents allowing comfortable and friendly interaction. The Front Desk staff report to the Concierge.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Answer all incoming calls promptly and in a courteous and professional manner. Take written (or email) messages where necessary
2. Utilize proper phone etiquette for all incoming and outgoing calls. All conversations should be held in a clear speaking voice. Raised voices are never acceptable.
3. Provide exceptional Customer Service by exceeding resident’s expectations and needs
4. Greet all guests politely as they enter and leave the reception area
5. Instruct residents to put rent payments in payment slot for collection by Office Assistant.
6. Monitor activity on security cameras and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors and other persons to guard against theft and maintain the security of the premises.
7. Maintain log at front desk for visitors and contractors
8. Maintain “visitor pass” control and assure that the badge is returned to you at all times.
9. Call the police or fire department in cases of an emergency such as a fire or the presence of an unauthorized person, the unruly or threatening behavior of a guest or resident.
10. Monitor activity at front and rear doors
11. Give residents mail and other items from their mail slots
12. Place weekly donuts on front table and keep area clean of trash and crumbs
13. Coordinate with office staff to maintain and update all resident information in the computer database
14. Report any and all maintenance items which need to be tended to including, but not limited to, burned out lights, elevator malfunction, spills/trash or other miscellaneous janitorial tasks
15. Contact Otis and Coin Mach as needed to report malfunctions
16. Receive packages from FedEx and UPS and complete slips for residents to notify them of packages being held at front desk. All packages should be kept out of site until picked up by resident
17. Receive maintenance request from residents and complete work orders as needed to provide timely resolution of issues
18. Follow policy regarding lost & found items.
19. Perform concierge duties, while maintaining the highest quality of customer service, including but not limited to: helping residents with reservations, finding information on the internet, taking reservations for party room, provide fax and photocopying services, answering questions.
20. Assist the Concierge with event planning as requested.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Prior experience at front desk, leasing or concierge a plus
2. Proficiency and fluency in using the internet for researching resident requests with programs such as Craigslist, Google, Yelp and other search engines, and navigating the internet and websites
3. Excellent customer service skills; ability to interact effectively with a diverse group of people, stay calm under pressure, and provide cheerful assistance to others.
4. Friendly, resourceful and dependable with excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
5. Ability to lift and move large packages.
6. Ability to project a professional image at all times including wearing the proper uniform.
7. Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills.
8. Knowledge of the local area amenities, restaurants and merchants
9. Must maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times
10. High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred
SALARY RANGE: $14/hr - $18/hr
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
Apply For This Job
Click below to download the application for this position. Once complete, fill out the form below and upload your application, resume and cover letter (optional).
Contact with any questions or concerns.